Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday 5 May 2012

Ribbons and Lace


Sorting My Life Out  (part 2)
I have recently returned from a visit home to the UK. Its was ostensibly to visit family and friends but secretly it was I suppose the desire to indulge in a little retail therapy.
Mostly of the craft variety.  So I visited my favourite shop, Abakhans
http://www.abakhan.co.uk/
It is chock full of all kinds of everything. Materials of every hue on rolls or sold by weight, so many a  bargain to be had. They stock lots of wools again by brands or by weight. Then there is every other kind of craft resources you can think of. Card stock, templates, beads, sissors, ribbons and braids.  I could have filled my suitcase but the thought of airline excess baggage charges held me back. So I spent a lovely hour or two browsing and settled on a new batch of ribbons and braids with a bit of lace for good luck.
This is the tangle I had when I got home. And I also more here to sort.

So time to get sorting. I started out by making some ribbon cards from cardboard.  Partly to give them some rustic charm and partly because I would have like to have used some from Sajou but they are rather expensive.
Then I started winding........and winding.......and winding.........untill:-
Things became ordered and serene again. 
So the theory is I will save myself lots of time and have everything to hand and can be found at a moments notice.  Well like I said its only a theory!
The Sajou cards I think I will save and use for the lace. But as I have such a large collection of laces vintage, antique and new they won't go very far.
I first discovered the joys of Sajou from Biscuitbears blog postings.
But the lace story is for another day perphaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment