Pages

Popular Posts

Thursday 26 April 2012

New To The World

This is my first trial blog post.  I have put off writing anything for days thinking I might embarrass myself writing something people might think stupid.


Then I thought to myself perhaps I am just being vain nobody might even read it! So here goes my first blog thoughts.


Exciting Arrival






Living here in Poland I can't just run out to a local wool shop for supplies or even find anywhere in the nearest large town to me who sells wool.


So three cheers for internet shopping..........I love it (far far too much)










A fresh batch of Rico Creative Cotton 100% Aran yarn.  There are just so many colours to choose from and still at a great price too.  Oops should not have said that don't want the price going up.


I first bought this yarn to make something like this http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2010/12/crochet-christmas-decorations.html

But instead I decided to make these instead.


BJD Doll Hats.








BJD Dolls Hats


Lots of Them



At first I found the wool tricky to work with but I loved the end result so much I just perservered and got the hang of it.





Playing around with the embelishments is the most interesting part.  I am using up my ribbon stash but thats OK a good excuse to buy more.



And my flower stash too.


Add a few felt flowers and Tah Dah.






The model is Dream of Doll Leya http://www.dreamofdoll.com/eng/product/product_view.asp?idx=8G00000432&search_Cate=p_best

Still in her default makeup maybe one day I will have the courage to do a face up for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment