Pages

Popular Posts

Monday 16 July 2012

BJD Fantasy Costume


Fancy New Costume for Leya Dream of Doll BJD
I started out with a piece of material that looked like it would make a nice puff sleeve and then everything just followed on from there.
First I made an under dress and knickers.  Which could also double up as a dress or sleepwear.  I decided to "tea dye" the fabric to give it a slightly vintage look and because I love the colour you can get from this method.
Then I started to make the jacket out of some square patterned cotton. I  even remembered to match up the pattern in the front! Then added a peplum and a bow to accentuate the back. I edged it all around with some already cream vintage lace which I used to lace the front up with some cording.
The original light red wig looked good with the little dress but the rest of the outfit needed something with a bit more funkyness so I put on her wild and woolly mohair wig just to jazz things up.
And rounded the whole outfit out with a crazy top hat and some zany purple stockings. What more could a girl/doll want?
Nuff said off for a rest.
Byyyeeee....

No comments:

Post a Comment